Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Tuesday 21 February 2012

52-366 homemade happiness, blink and you'll miss it

I know this looks minging, but according to Pug is was really tasty bacon mushroom creamy tomato pasta.
We rarely eat pasta anymore due to my carb free dinners, but every now and again I feel sorry for pugs and make it. Doing so means 3 meals, pasta for Pugs and Sadie, I had  roasted butternut squash and rocket salad and Archie had Pizza (one of the 3 things he eats for tea). So it was to my great delight tonight that he asked for pasta!!! Oh my I was so happy I grabbed a plate full took a quick photo (not easy with a crappy camera on phone and a screaming toddler in the background) and gave him it. He knew it wasn't cheesy pasta and ate a few pieces anyways - OK maybe 5 pieces but for us that's a miracle, it wasn't breaded or baked in the oven and he ate it. Really, I know it is sad but I am so happy that he ate something I cooked. It is so demoralising making lovely healthy food and scraping into a bin every night, hence the pizza/baked items. I admit I gave up, I couldn't do it to myself anymore and I figure in the immediate sense he is healthy, rarely ill and has enough energy to run a  small substation. Somewhere lurking in the back of my mind is the long term damage he is doing to his body, but I try and push those thoughts away and think at least he eats tons of fruit and masses of houmous (packed with protein). I hope that one day we can all sit down and eat a normal meal togther without Archie having his baked fayre.......I am proud to say however dull his diet is and even though he does eat sweeties and crisps etc we have never ever eaten fastfood - so far so good to zero golden arches, Burger King, fried Chicken etc- maybe one day we'll eat a chippy, if we are eating fastfood its got to be decent chippy I'm embracing his scottish cultural side and ditching the USA equivalent.

P.S Miss Haha devoured her pasta and asked for more, at least someone enjoys my cooking x

No comments:

Post a Comment