Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Monday 11 June 2012

171-72 and he's off!!!! Windygates no more

As of thursday my dad is coming home!!! so pleased, I was just pondering what to do for fathers day - how lovely he will be in his own hoose. I can take the wee down to visit and take him some treats. i was crying on the phone with him today knowing I can see him whenever I want. I am so pleased that mum and dad will finally be together, all the other concerns pale when I think how much nicer it will be for them to wake next to one another and fall asleep together at night - happy days!
I am going to see him the morns night, I'm hoping to see an improvement, apparently 3 days ago he made a further change and is more alert, has a spark back in his eyes.

Yesterday was lovely, I was kinda dreading it mainly because both Sadie and I have the cold and the weather was nasty. It was however really braw to see everyone, some new faces and some old. Archie drew on Alfie's balloon some kisses, cuddles and licks - then spent the rest of the day wondering how we could get the strawberries up to Alfie as he might be hungry.  I want to write something heartfelt and beautiful - however, I am no Bronte/Byatt so suffice to say, I thought of my eldest boy and what would have, could have been with a heart filled with love, love for his wee brother and sister for without him they wouldn't be! For that my wee man, I thank you for making mummy happy everyday. XXX

All the yellow balloons represent the babies who died in Fife this year.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Clare. My heart is with all those parents, thinking of those precious babies. Sending kisses up to your wee man Alfie.
    So very glad your Da is coming home. xxxx

    ReplyDelete