Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Wednesday 13 June 2012

173-74 last night in captivity

Alan is leaving the building - mum collecting him at 9.30am...Auntie Geraldine is going with her, I'm glad someone is.
I am so exited about dad coming home - so so hoping he will recognise his own house. I was talking to my lovely friend Jenny today about it all. Douglas st has been our family home for about 36 years, 36 years of memories - parties, xmas', so much laughter, tears, a lifetime of memories - I did all my 'growing up' in that house - I will be gutted if dad doesn't know where he is or how he is central to what that house symbolises for us as a family. Even if he doesn't remember I really believe he will feel the love if not the memories.

A wee kid chat funny happened the other night that I forgot to record. I had my neighbours kids over for tea and as I served up the food I said 'dig in', Sophie commented that is what her grandad says. Sadie the said 'my grandad say do do do do' (WATC, now grandads theme tune).... if I didn't laugh I'd cry.

My other 'funny' re dads illness (not really sure what term to use, as he isn't actually ill as such). Mum and I were discussing his therapy timetable as an outpatient, and she mentioned that he has a group session on a Friday for aphasics - I never said to her but I keep giggling at the thought of a room full of folk who can't talk attempting to do a group peer support session.

I know I need to give them some room but I really want to run down there the morn afternoon and see them together in the hoose........no long now dad xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment