Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Tuesday 17 January 2012

17-365 GG what an inspiration - can't fail to be happy when she laughs

Archie and  Sadie's Lovely great granny aka GG.

Everyone who meets this woman is inspired by her - she is my Nana. Nana aka GG  is 90 years old, she lives a stones throw from my house and I don't see her nearly enough, my kids see her more often than i do. I love that Sadie can already say GG and that she knows where the sweeties are hidden, where the toys are kept and that she gets excited as we walk up the close to her house. Archie loves going to his GG's, he is so sweet about her. On his last bday she was too poorly to come along to our house for his bday tea. The next day she called to chat to him and the first thing he said was 'how you feeling GG, you better'? I was overwhelmed with love for him at that moment, grateful that I had a wee man who remembered his GG wasn't well before he chatted about his bday. Also so grateful that they know one another. She has 26 great-grandchildren and one on the way - although I could have miscounted there are a lot of us!

GG is awesome, I could write pages of all the adventures she has had, but I'll stick to my most memorable, her trip to San Francisco. I think she was 80 when she came to visit me there, we had a blast, trailing all over SF and the east bay, and then finally a trip down to San Diego and Tijuana. How amazing to be so open minded, young at heart and up for a laugh at that age. Every time I visit with her I leave hoping that I will be like she is when I'm older......... Love you Nana, thanks for everything.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Granny's are awesome and GG sounds like a top lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute for an obviously very special lady Clare.

    ReplyDelete