Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 22 January 2012

22-365 the tata lament and not so happy Archie or mummy

Our day started off wonderfully, Pug was doing a 13hr shift so it was just me and the kiddos. We had a lovely snuggle in bed and then headed down for porridge and lazy morning. I had accelerated happiness due to kids occupying themselves and I cleaned, sad I know but I don't often get a chance.
Sadie had a nap and Archie and I hung out watching Thomas the Tank engine and crocheting, guess who did what?

After lunch we went shopping with Auntie Momo and I got a new dress, still not sure if I'm keeping it.

Then things took a nose dive, I read this article in the car and was suddenly overwhelmed with sadness, meanwhile we began the 'tata lament', poor love, Archie has to get a new dummy aka tata. His one and only that he uses for night time is old, foosty and rather hideous to be frank. I started the lead up to new tata a few days ago, not an option he was prepared to entertain on any level, however on arrival at asda he announces we need to buy a new tata, so it began......much nashing of teeth hair pulling and tears later we left with a new but not in anyway an adequate substitute. All and I mean all the way home and for the next 2 hours he cried - I was uber harsh and told him the old one was in the bin - his reply was 'bin lorries no steal boys tatas'. I thought cold turkey was best option, poor wee soul he was gutted and went on and on about needing his frog tata - I gave him the newer version but it is much smaller, he said I no want a baby frog tata I want a mummy frog tata. I told him he was old enough to look after a wee baby frog tata now....not having it I'm afraid  'i no good at looking after babies'..........................................phew what a night.
He finally opted for nicking his wee sisters, luckily she couldn't care what she has. Lesson to be learnt, always have alternatives.
To end on a happy note as is the point of the blog, after reading the above article I am wholeheartedly overwhelming grateful to listen to my boy lamenting the end of frog tata, better that than the ache of empty arms and a huge hole in my heart.
dirty happy secret garden face, just to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment