Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Saturday 21 January 2012

OOOps 20-365 beginning to become a habit with me

Again....put wee man to sleep and fell asleep, just as well really given Archie and Sadie were both up at 5.30 am.

So, I was planning on Friday's happiness being Pico de gallo or our Williams family version of it.
Other than our banana and porridge every morning (rock n roll, huh) Pico is our most eaten food, by everyone except -Archie, who still can't be persuaded to consume a single vegetable - thank goodness he loves fruit.
At Pugs party last sat night I promised I'd post the recipe for this. My lovely mom in law, Cathrine taught me how to make this years ago, before Pugs and I were a couple and she and I worked together. We have adapted it slightly, but its basically the same thing.



Tomatoes
Avocado - that's our addition, although I often make it with cucumber A la Grammy Cathrine.
Onions
Coriander - fresh
Lime juice - fresh
Chilli - I often omit if we are eating a really spicy chilli or beans. Soemtimes I add chipolte sauce.
Salt and pepper
So simple, chop everything and mix it together, it tastes best after a wee while soaking up all the flavours and chilled.

We eat this with, beans as already posted, Quesadillas, dolloped on corn chowder, topping black bean and chorizo soup, or on its own with salty corn chips....mmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment