Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Thursday 3 May 2012

124 - beautiful flower moment

I went in to see dad the day and noticed this.......
Every year Dad always says the gorgeous rhododendron bush flowers on the 1st of may - our old neighbour Molly was just saying to Mum, Alan will be chuffed his roddi will be out soon. Mum must have taken in for him, I know it is only a wee flower, but I was so sad - I couldn't stop the tears, all that it symbolises, our beautiful family garden cared for by both of them all these years, my mum trying to reach out to my dad, all the fantastic sunny days we've spent hanging out in the garden with the kids - shit I can just about cope if I focus on the here and now, but if begin to comprehend just what we may have lost - I lose it.
I just want my barry dad back....................love you pops xxxx

On a positive note, mum was allowed to spend the time between visting with dad today, teh just sat quietly together as they would at home - he perked up when pointless came on.
My mum told him today, we are going to fight this we are 'team Strachan' and we can get through this! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment