Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Wednesday 16 May 2012

137 - wednesday night is games night

Dad has been playing today - dominoes, connect four, chess and in his physio today he threw and caught a ball, dribbled the ball and had a kick about.
We are anticipating many more kick aboots in the car park over the coming months.

I took the wee ones to see him tonight, Archie bolted in to straight from the car, having been once he already knows the score - Sadie yelled Granda down the length of the corridor as soon as she was in, so clearly they are secure and happy with granda's new home. Dad was pretty good with them making his 'We are the champion noises' (WATC) - which Archie now says is his granda talking to him, telling him he loves him, He said Bye when Pug and Arch left the room.
Everyday we are seeing tiny changes - hope they keep coming.

I went to knitting tonight for the 1st time since dad has been ill, it was lovely to see everyone, i managed to get a fair bit of knitting done, I finished a friends wee ones Pickles vest and learnt how to crochet my granny squares together - productive eve.
Felt a bit shell shocked to be out and sociable.......baby steps,
Love you my dad xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Clare, I have been reading through your posts about your dad. Your family is amazing; especially your Mom. I don't know how she is holding it together but I pray for the day that your dad comes all the way back. You were right when you said it is a cruel thing that he was ripped from your lives so savagely; My heart breaks for all of you, especially your mom. Love, your other mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Grammy/other mother,
    it is hellish no other words. Yes my mum is awesome, she is proving her strength once again. They are both such an inspiration.
    Glad your keeping up wiht our progress - Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete