Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Friday 4 May 2012

125 - just a phase?

Dad is doing so well physically, tonight he was wandering around with one hand in his pocket! Apparently, we have this on good advice that this 'wandering' is a phase - especially when the physical body recovers at a faster rate than the cognitive. Phew, because it is distressing for all concerned - poor Dad, he so doesn't want to go back into the bay, he started making an awful high pitched sound almost like a silent scream. He is a wido though, we were giving him a hard time tonight because he made a be line straight for the door to the visitors waiting room - access tot eh outside world - and knew to press the button to get release the security door, en route he started walking funny and we worked out he was pretending to sneak out, thank goodness he still has a sense of humour.

Wee Mable visited tonight and he was his usual animated self with her, some light relief for all involved.

I so hope this is a phase - he is going to Cameron asap now, they have beautiful grounds apparently - better have an electric perimeter fence too!

O my lovely Dad, it is so sad and distressing to see you so confused - you've been my constant my whole life, I had no idea you'd be whipped from us so savagely and quickly.......one imagines a decline in the abilities of their parents both mentally and physically, but to lose it within the space of an hour is just gut wrenching. I wonder when the tears will stop?

1 comment:

  1. Clare - I swear, I feel so much sorrow when I think of your beautiful father. I have known some sorrows in my life, but his is one of the most heartbreaking I have experienced - and I am not even there. My heart and love go out to you and your whole family, especially your father.

    ReplyDelete