Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 20 May 2012

140+1 sunny happiness

I stayed with my mum last night so never wrote a blog, Dad was in good form though, if not a tad exhausted by the full on footie antics of the day. He watched the whole hibs - hearts match, quite an achievement, I hear a number of hibs fans couldn't even manage that. I had a nice visit it was just dad, mum and myself - peaceful quiet times.

Today was the polar opposite, we took the kids. Dad's room isn't big - maybe 8ft by 10ft. His rooms seems even smaller with 5 adults and 2 mental kids in it, we even managed a wee kick aboot and a few of the heid! to the amusement of the bairns who were squealing and laughing - happy days.
Dad seems oto be making very small but steady and significant progress. Simple things like being able to take a shower alone, eating in the dining room with the patients both  really make all the difference to his self esteem and sense of self.

Sadie was adorable with him today, she was so sleepy that she climbed onto the bed pulled him down beside her, cosied in and played with his big old lug - happy girl and happy granda.

Before our visit Momo and I took the kids to a vintage bus rally (mmm whole new world of geekery I never knew about). It was lovely, the weather was beautiful, the kids loved it and Momo and I reminisced about the buses of our childhoods - I  got carried away on a few romanticised imaginary journeys on the old buses - thinking beautiful summer dresses, picnic baskets, seaside, sunshine...............

the desination we are living on.




No comments:

Post a Comment