Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Monday 16 April 2012

108 - burping our way to happiness

Well guys, Thanks so much for all your kind words of support, prayers and general kindness.
It makes me happy knowing how well thought of my lovely dad is, he is a good guy!

Today we had 2 visits, he is responding a little again, no significant change. We had a long chat with the senior charge nurse, she explained the practicalities to us, as an indication of his status we are looking at 12 months recovery, and if he manages to sit unaided for 10 secs within the next few months it will be considered 'momentous'.

Unsure as to whether I should be recording my dads progress and how my family feel about it, however I do know it is easier to get the info out en masse to people - so hopefully people aren't offended.

My adorable, lovely fantastic mum - what a woman, what an inspiration - the love she clearly, patently feels for my equally awesome Dad is enormous, this beautiful love is what is gonna keep us all going. How lucky are we to have such fantastic role models as parents, I feel honoured to be part of that love.

Now to take it down to our base bad sense of humour rung - our happiness for today,
My mum burped (loudly, as she prone to!) and my dad smiled........as I said teeny things to cling on to.
But at least he was aware of noise and knew it was her.


Archie and Peggy had their 1st swimming lesson this am, they did really well - both of them conformed and took instruction.....V proud of them both, cute to see them sharing a shower afterwards.
Their wee smiles are keeping our spirits up.


Thanks again for all you kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment