Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Thursday 26 April 2012

117 - the boyos bring happiness

My Dad is doing well, I saw very little of him this afternoon as his mum and aunt came to visit...but this evening my 2 nephews came to visit. What a reaction, Dad pulled one of their Hoodie strings towards him to give him a kiss......He also waved goodbye - monumental given he refuses to even raise a finger when we leave. This gives me real hope for his ability to understand, he clearly has moments of awareness. Antony was telling him tonight about William Boyd writing the next Bond and dad said "aye emmm" then he lost his train of thought, it was really spontaneous and as though he was going to say, Aye em I read that in the paper.
His walking is improving every day, we had to take his trainers in the night, and yes he is still escaping from his chair, rolls his eyes at us when we tell him to stay put.

I on the other hand had a bad day, very weepy. Bumped into a few lovely pals who asked after dad and I just couldn't hold it in....best just to roll with the punches. I'm going to have a really quiet day tomorrow and climb back into my cocoon. Was braw to escape for a while this morning with my lovely pal and her wee ones, but then a trip down town in the pouring rain and a wet dash to nursery then the drop kids off then hospital was too much.

On a happy trivial note, I ordered new fabric to make another dress this time a size smaller and in plain red. I am planning on omitting the ties and making button holes in the waist at either side and using big giant buttons. Will post pic of finished item. My violet blouse was a great success so I few more planned.
Got a lovely email from Tilly re the cynthia rowley pattern I am trying to get in the uk, so far with limited success....and my failure on the beignet front. I will try another one!

Night my dad, I love you xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment