Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 15 April 2012

92-107 happy holidays


















Walking, snow, hot chocolate, muddy boots, singing kettle, play parks, picnics, flowers, anniversary 'love' mugs - all part of our great 2 weeks.


What I am most happy about today is a small thing and I fear I will only have small things to be happy about over the next few months....My dad straightened my mums specs tonight, a momentous thing as he had a stroke this morning and for the best part of the day has been sleeping in a hospital bed surrounded by us. He has lost his speech and is paralysed down his right side. We are clutching at straws, so the tiny things today have been that he hugged my mum, smiled rather lopsidedly at us, kissed me and my mum and reached up to straighten her glasses. The shock is still rippling through us, we have had many texts, calls and visitors already. The next few days, 3 to be precise are  the most important we have to hope he won't have another and then we can begin the road to recovery.

I am trying to remain positive and remind myself that at 9.05am when my mum called to tell me I thought I might never see my dad smile again, so a wee lopsided response is better than nothing.
Hang in there pops, Love you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment