Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Friday 27 April 2012

118 - bathroom humor

When we went to visit dad today I was chatting with the nurse who told me that dad had managed to get out of his chair and into the loo and locked himself in!! If it wasn't so funny it would be scary. We are trying to tell him that if he falls he could have a serious bleed on his brain or break a hip etc......all he does is roll his eyes at us.
This eve when we went in he had moved to the chair at the other side of the bed - on his own. The old dude in the bed opposite said he had been ringing the nurses all day to stop my dad wandering.

Poor dad, his physical recovery is awesome, however as his cognitive ability is still seriously impaired, he just doesn't have any danger awareness.  He was so pissed off this aft, not interested in anything or anybody (a la Still Game, for those in the know). Slightly better humour this eve but very sleepy - maybe tomorrow will be a better day?

Still not ready to leave my bubble - I wonder when I will feel strong enough? I went to see the tail end of Momo's show tonight, she was fantastic and of course her costume was awesome - pats self on back. Lovely to see Momo but felt odd being in public.

Happy news is that as soon as Dad is off the anitb's for his infection he will probably be ready to go to Cameron - I know its not a miracle cure but I have heard so many positive things about it, it is hard not to get too excited. The one good thing is we will be allowed to take him out for wee trips, so hoping a wee trip to the park with the kids will be in our future.

No sewing today, just cutting out and buying fabric......dreaming of my new crepe dress with yellow clogs. happy clothes to cheer me up.

Love and kisses Dad night night xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment